Do you know the different types of malocclusions? Although there are many different types of malocclusions that can occur, they all consist of bad bites or misalignments in your mouth, often due to poor fits. Fortunately, malocclusions can be fixed with orthodontic treatments such as braces.
If you have a malocclusion in your incisors, it can be any one of the following:
– Deep Bites: These are severe forms of overbites also known as closed bites, where the lower incisors go behind the upper incisors.
– Open Bites: These are upper and lower incisors that fail to connect when biting or chewing.
– Misplaced Midlines: These are forms of malocclusions caused by the incorrect alignment of your incisor centers.
– Underbites: These are also known as bulldog teeth, where your lower incisors extend out further than the upper incisors.
– Overbites: These are also called upper protrusions or buck teeth, where your upper incisors extend out farther than the lower incisors.
If you have a different type of malocclusion, it can be any one of the following:
– Spacing Issues: This includes overcrowded teeth, extra teeth, large spas between teeth, and small gaps between teeth.
– Transposition Malocclusions: Malocclusions caused by improper eruption of your teeth.
– Rotation Malocclusions: Malocclusions caused by improperly rotated teeth.
– Crossbites: Malocclusions caused by improperly set jawlines.
To schedule an oral exam at Lee A. Mahlmann, DDS, MS, simply book an appointment at our dentist office in Richmond, Texas, with Dr. Lee Mahlmann and the rest of our team. We can be reached at 281-342-6311. Visit us today, and enjoy the season with a smile!