Have you ever wondered why braces are necessary? Not only will braces straighten your teeth, but they will fix the alignment in your jaw as well. As is often the case, straight teeth do not only look better, but they function better and are less likely to fail or become contaminated. Listed below are just a few of the benefits you can expect from orthodontic brace treatments:
– Basic skills such as eating, speaking and chewing food are easier to accomplish with a smile straightened by braces.
– Braces are extremely effective at repairing your smile and improving your self-esteem and overall self-worth with a straighter smile to cherish for years to come.
– It has been well noted that straight teeth are easier to clean and less likely to suffer from tooth decay and gum disease.
– Braces can help alleviate malocclusions that exist with your teeth that can often contribute to oral accidents such as random chips and cracks.
– Braces can straighten teeth and lower the risk of damage associated with bruxism or TMJ disorders.
For more oral health care advice or to schedule an oral exam with Dr. Lee Mahlmann and our team in Richmond, Texas, please contact us at 281-342-6311. We look forward to helping you soon!